Create > Visual Pun Photographs
Goal: Create a series of 3 visual puns from figures of speech that sound alike or have double meaning.
- Search puns and figures of speech that sound alike or have double meanings.
coat of arms
2nd hand store
attached to his dog
6 feet under
pie in the sky
- You may want to speak with an English teacher.
- Stage a photoshoot that visualizes your pun or figure of speech
Trigger Mechanisms: Mix-media, metaphor, fantasize
Check out this Map of ‘Punny’ business > http://goo.gl/CwJrmy
Punny Pixels > http://goo.gl/YJBOmc
I have my head in the clouds > Scott Klein
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY
Cat’s in the bag