Create > Paper Animal Silhouettes
Goal: Create a series of 5 images that use cut-out shapes to create silhouettes.
Be inspired by the work of Nikolai Tolstyh > https://instagram.com/n_tolstyh/ . Look at how he uses cut paper to emphasize form and figure ground illusions. Feel free to expand upon the idea and explore the effects with other shapes, different colored paper or multiple layers. Experiment with cropping and filters.
*Make a connection with French painter Rene Magritte’s work > http://goo.gl/pXNgYV
*or here is another take on this > http://goo.gl/66sAET
Rich McCor, aka Paperboy, is a British artist/photographer who uses paper cut-outs to augment his resulting photographs.
Trigger Mechanisms: Figure-ground, texture, camouflage
- Nikolai Tolstyh > https://instagram.com/n_tolstyh/
- Westosha Students > https://goo.gl/photos/RTxYrVAHDfmaBMif9
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY