Create > Studio Activity: Renaissance Remix
Goal: Create a self-portrait using the rendered space of a Renaissance artwork.
Select a linear perspective Renaissance artwork from a museum on the Google Art Project > http://goo.gl/4GPfh0 . Re-create the perspective space of the artwork in a way that retains the space but is seen in a completely new and original way. In addition, you must somehow be included in the scene. Render the work in any media of choice.
Trigger Mechanisms: Art History, depth, fantasy, remix
Paper, pencil, board, acrylic paint
Student Examples > http://goo.gl/pI7Kub
Auto mechanics Homage to Renaissance Masters > http://goo.gl/KgMH7Z
Linear Perspective Video > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkNMM8uiMww
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY
<!-- Place this tag in your head or just before your close body tag. -->
<!-- Place this tag where you want the widget to render. -->
<div class="g-post" data-href="https://plus.google.com/107413155323064966710/posts/7WRpzwzfRqh"></div>
needs to submit digitally