Create > Richard Diebenkorn Abstract Perspective
Create an abstract artwork derived from an accurate perspective rendering of a space and influenced by Richard Diebenkorn’s work.
- Create a drawing on location. Sit in your driveway, on the street in front of your house or at a place that is part of your neighborhood’s identity and draw the scene. Also photograph the scene for extra reference during class time. Choose a dynamic point of view that shows a large and long depth of field. Fully develop the drawing using a range of values.
- Next use that drawing to create and abstract expressive shape landscape painting inspired by Richard Diebenkorn. Choose a color scheme and render in acrylic or pastel.
Trigger Mechanisms: Abstraction, Fantasy, Distortion
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY