Create > Paul Klee Abstract Perspective
Create an abstract artwork derived from an accurate perspective rendering of a space.
- Using a pencil create a drawing of an interior seen from another interior. For example, draw the interior of a closet as seen from the interior of your room. Another example would be drawing the interior of a room with an open door/window showing the interior of another room. Emphasize a dynamic point of view with interesting angles and convergence. Use correct perspective techniques. Fully develop the drawing using a range of values.
- Next use that line drawing to create a cut or torn paper/fabric collage. Extract out the forms in your drawing and reduce them to geometric shapes. Then cut out those shapes and rearrange them to make a collage.
Trigger Mechanisms: Abstraction, Fantasy, Distortion
WUHS Student work > https://goo.gl/photos/4g6zFtSozH9Cqqe7A
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY