Create > Progressive Zoom Perspective Series
Goal: Create a progressive sequence of drawings depicting zooming magnification
- Start with at least 4 boards or paper of the same size.
- Locate to a scene to serve as the subject for this ‘zoom’ composition.
- Render an accurate drawing that shows the entire view and depth of the scene.
- Next move yourself half the distance towards a focal point and begin a second drawing.
- Continue moving half the distance as you progressively ‘zoom’ into the subject.
- For the last drawing, make sure you get so zoomed in that your drawing appears out of context as textural abstraction as seen through a magnifying glass
Trigger Mechanisms: Repeat, scale, magnify
Materials: drawing board or paper, pencil, eraser, tortillion
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY