- Providing Feedback
Learning ActivitySelf-assess > Critique > Analyzing & Evaluating > http://goo.gl/z1FTfd
- Copy > your image’s URL from the Event
- Go to > http://www.thinglink.com/
- Log in > with your G+
- Paste > your image’s URL
- Tag > ‘hotspots’ that address the Topics below:
- Respond > to each question with supporting evidence found in the image.
- Tag > the artists name, the title of the work and the G+ image URL
- Tag > Placement: (Balance/Proportion/Scale)
Explain...how the rule of thirds was or was not followed?
...how the visual weight balances or imbalances the composition?
- Tag > Focal Point: (Emphasis/Contrast)
Explain...what area of the image commands your attention the most?
...how the focal point is emphasized? (contrast, placement, color, leading lines…)
...how the focal point clarifies the message or meaning of the image?
- Tag > Background: (Figure/Ground Relationship)
Explain...does the background distract the viewer away from the focal point?
...how the figure/ground relationship contributes to the message or visual appeal?
- Tag > Composition: (Unity/Variety/Rhythm/Repetition)
Explain...ways the image uses leading lines, vertical lines, or diagonal lines...?
...ways the image uses internal framing, contrast in color, texture or shape...?
...the sense of depth in the image (deep, shallow, focused, blurred…)?
...how unity is achieved (repetition or common elements)?
- Tag > Aesthetics:
Explain...how the artist’s successfully express his/her intention or message?
...what is the mood and how was it created?
...ways this image could be improved?
- Tag > Quotation: Paste a quotation that provides insight to the works tone or meaning.
- Tag > Soundtrack: Paste a song from YouTube that fits this artwork.
- Tag > Score: Use the rubric below to evaluate and score your work.
- Share > your thinglink URL to our G+Community’s Analysis & Evaluations category
KEY SCORING DESCRIPTORS
CREATIVITY & ORIGINALITY
Innovative & Unique Approaches
I generate innovative ideas and incorporate risk taking
I create inventive expressions using design principles
DESIGN & CRAFTSMANSHIP
Technical Competence & Skill
I skillfully manipulate media & techniques with confidence & care
I effectively modify materials and media to express ideas
INTENT & AESTHETICS
Purposeful & Engaging Work
I design with confidence and purpose
I engage the viewer with quality visuals & meaningful insights
TOTAL SCORE =
American, born Germany, 1880-1966
Blue Rhythm, 1950