The Big Ideas:
A system is a structure of interacting, intercommunicating components that operate individually and jointly to achieve a common goal.
Designing is creating conceptual and visual unity by giving order to diverse but interrelated and interdependent parts.
From is determined by the organization of elements that make up the totality of a design.
Access Prior Knowledge:
- “From the point of view of art, there are no concrete or abstract forms, but only forms which are more or less convincing lies.” ~Pablo Picasso
- “When I work with forms and colors, I get the edge.” ~Ellsworth Kelly
- "In order to understand form in its complete three-dimensional reality, you must understand the space that it would displace if it were taken away" ~Henry Moore
- Set Objectives
- Focus the learning targets >
- Respond > in the comment section
- What does Pablo Picasso mean "convincing lies"?
- How is Ellsworth Kelly's "the edge" different from an outline?
- Why does Henry Moore believe we must understand "the space that it would displace" to truly understand form?