- What is the central idea of your Concentration?
- How does the work in your concentration demonstrate the exploration of your idea? You may refer to specific images as examples.
How to begin your statement:
Go to > http://www.bmoreart.com//?s=best+professional+practices+for+artists and read the short write up on how to write a good artist statement.
Go to > www.artstudy.org/art-and-design-careers/sample-artist-statement.php for more examples.
Begin by answering these questions
- Title of theme:
- Expand on the meaning of the concept:
- Why your theme intrigues you or is of particular interest to you:
- The media and materials you are using:
- Why are you using them?
- How does it tie into your theme?
- Describe what you principles and elements of design (or metaphor or symbol) you are working with and how it ties in to the theme and concept:
- Describe the compositional tools that you are experimenting with and how they ties in to the theme and concept:
- List the artists or schools of art that are influencing you.
- Describe how they are influencing you.