Create > Photos of Submerged Things
Goal: Create a series of photographs of objects partially submerged in liquid.
Be inspired by the works of Rosanna Jones. She photographed things submerged in colored liquid or milk bath. The images above show a figure lying in a lukewarm bath of powdered milk. This results in beautiful, semi-translucent, ghostly images, with dramatic focal areas and a high-key effect. Experiment with the liquid by dropping things as you shoot. Or have things floating while others are submerged. Exploit the distortion the water creates on things below the surface.
Trigger Mechanisms: Manipulate, Distort, Mystery
- Rasanna Jones > http://rosanna-jones.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/body-part-ii.html
- Alexa Meade > http://www.alexameade.com/
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY