Create > OCD Patterns
Goal: Create images by organizing subject matter into patterns.
Be inspired by the work of Jim Golden > http://goo.gl/p18fNo. Jim Golden purchases obsolete technology at yard sales and thrift stores and to arrange them into dramatic patterns reminding us of our progress and temporary nature. Be the picture director. Photography students often get caught up in finding a perfect scene or moment before they push the shutter button, completely forgetting that they have direct compositional control. Objects or scenes can be deliberately arranged and composed, creating meaningful installations or repeating patterns. Placing hundreds of near identical objects next to each other forces viewers to confront figure ground relationships and compare and contrast patterns and differences.
Trigger Mechanisms: Arrange, Repetition, Organize
- Internet OCD > https://goo.gl/photos/ufbkAbiiP5ZbFCFd8
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY