Create > Music Jackets
Goal: Create 8 music jacket images using the following prompts.
- The Remix
- My Band
- What the Songs Look Like
- Watch > Liz Phair’s Why Can’t I > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUALb0sGdto&ob=av2e
- Create > The Remix: 2 music jacket remixes.
- Find, save and analyze your favorite music jackets of your favorite songs.
- Make a remix of them by mimicking the composition, design and layout but substituting the subject matter with you, your friends, your possessions and the local surroundings.
- Create > My Band: 2 original music jackets featuring your made-up band, a friends band or a playlist.
- Establish a genre or music style and use appropriate colors, props, fonts and subject matter that communicates the sound of music ‘your band’ performs.
- You or part of you must be seen in the music jacket image.
- You must include the name of ‘your band’ and ‘the album’ in the image.
- Create > What the Songs Look Like: 4 song metaphor images that include lyrics
- Develop a playlist of your 4 favorite songs
- Create an image metaphor for each song
- Include the lyrics or a part of the lyrics in the image
- Emphasize the ‘sound’ of the song by adjusting the ‘look’ (color, lighting, filters…)
Tutorial: Layer Palette Photomontage > https://goo.gl/oi40ZA
Trigger Mechanisms: Mimic, Manipulate, Dynamic Posture, Pop, Rock, Country etc...
- Presentation > http://goo.gl/znUM1f
- Student work > https://goo.gl/photos/qd4hQX8a6BXyq97SA
- Art Inspired Music Videos > http://goo.gl/vDzmhO
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY