Create > Photo Cutout Character Scenes
Goal: Create a series of images by inserting photo cutout characters into real scenes.
Be inspired by the works of Yorch Miranda who adds photography cuttings to real life situations, like the surrealist scenes below. Miranda’s incredibly creative mix of old imagery, modern staging, and skilled photography make for some truly unique works that combine collage and photography to create a style all his own. Miranda blends cut-out vintage shots with real-world objects. He then photographs the images in what results as an often times humorous composition. For more by this impressive creator, be sure to follow Yorch Miranda on Instagram.
This image has been created by hanging a cut out photographic figure above a laundry basket. The change in scale results in an inventive, surrealist scene, with the shadow cast by the figure becoming an integral part of the work.
Trigger Mechanisms: Manipulate Scale, Surrealism, Mystery
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY