Roy Lichtenstein (1923-1997)
Bull Profile Series (C. 116-21)
- Depicting the metamorphic transformation of a representational animal image from one physical state to another
- Simplify, Transfer, Morph
Art History References:
- Make a three-panel composition based on the analysis and metamorphic transformation of an animal subject.
- Work directly from an actual subject or a photograph
- In the first panel, draw an accurate representation of the animal
- Next, use the accurate drawing of the animal as a reference to start a metamorphic transformation in the next panel.
- Reduce the shape and detail
- progressively break down the image geometrically
- depict a physical change like melting
- Finally, in the third panel, produce a visual that bears only a faint resemblance to the original subject.
- an abstract design with vague symbolic overtones.
- a pure geometric shape such as a triangle or circle
- a puddle or poof of vapor