Analyze an illustration by artist, illustrator, author and humorist Edward Lear
- Go to Edward Lear's nonsense Index > http://www.edward-lear.com/contentlist.htm
- Choose a limerick and copy the URL or save image as to your desktop.
- Go to Thinglink > www.thinglink.com
- Upload or use the URL to open the limerick illustration in Thinglink.
- Add tags that answer the following prompts.
- Share the completed Thinglink to Westosha Illustration Community > http://goo.gl/xLjJDP .
- Tag objects that are symbols and interpret what you think the symbol means.
- Tag objects or physical features that are exaggerated and interpret what this achieves.
- Tag the illustration’s caption and/or title.
- Tag any dates or numbers and interpret why they are important.
- Tag words or phrases that label and interpret how they clarify meaning or significance.
- Tag the action taking place in the illustration.
- Tag any use of line that suggests expression, action or movement.
- Tag what event or idea the illustration is referring to.
- Tag details in the illustration that provide clues of the artist’s opinion.
- Tag groups or individuals represented and if they agree or disagree with the message.
- Include a YouTube video that is an analogy of the illustration’s meaning.