|Gustave Courbet: The Desperate Man c.1843–1845http://www.finearttips.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/|
Concept: Imbuing animals, plants, or objects with human qualities.
Catalysts: Analogy, Transfer, Fantasize, Metaphor.
In the medium of your choice, create a fully developed self portrait.
- Emphasize dynamic composition using foreshortening or interesting perspectives.
- Take multiple 'selfies' and we'll chose one.
- Use contrast and value ranges to enhance drama and meaning.
In the medium of your choice, create a fully developed still life image.
- Define your inner personality with an animal, plant, or object.
- Research your horoscope, zodiac sign and Chinese year you were born.
- Use accurate rendering techniques to portray an animal, plant or object.
- Again emphasize dynamic composition, drama and meaning.
In the medium of your choice, create an anthropomorphic self portrait.
- Compositional ideas include:
- Create a playing card
- Create a scene from a graphic novel or movie trailer
- Create a ‘disney’ like cartoon