Create > Surreal Landscape Perspective
Create a fantasy landscape using atmospheric and linear perspective to clearly show depth.
- Take a landscape photograph and print it out.
- Follow the Rule of Thirds for layout and composition and then crop the image.
- Make sure it shows depth (foreground - middleground - background).
- Make sure there is a focal point.
- For Surreal effects, manipulate (scale - juxtaposition - humor).
- You may create a collage from which to draw, like the Interior in Perspective assignment.
- Create a drawing or painting that manipulates your photo with surrealistic elements.
- Clearly show depth using atmospheric and linear perspective (think long shadows)
- Fully render forms in full value ranges.
Trigger Mechanisms: Fantasy, Space, Surrealism, Dreams
Materials: Artist’s choice
Salvador Dali > http://thedali.org/collection/collection_highlights.html
Remedios Varo > http://serandipity.50megs.com/inform.html
Rene Magritte > http://www.magritte.be/
Georgio de Chirico > http://www.moma.org/collection/artist.php?artist_id=1106
Max Ernst > http://www.theartstory.org/artist-ernst-max.htm
Josh Keyes > http://www.joshkeyes.net/paintings.htm
Greg Simkins > http://www.imscared.com/gallery/
Watch > Destino (Dali & Disney) > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dIznsAdTOE
Pinterest Surreal Landscapes > http://www.pinterest.com/artbabe3/ap-breadth-surreal-landscape/
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY