Create > Food Still Lifes
Goal: Create compositions of arranged food as if they were beautiful still life paintings.
Be inspired by the work of by Maggie Ruggiero and photographed by Martyn Thompson (left) and Marcus Nilsson (right).
Every shape, texture, color and from within these photographs has been considered, selected and positioned with care. Those looking for out-of-the-box indoor photography approaches or unusual still life photography ideas can find it helpful to remind themselves that photography students have the same level of compositional control as do painting students. Understanding how to balance and link different elements of a composition might be all that is needed for you to create unforgettable still life photography.
Trigger Mechanisms: Arrange, Repetition, Organize
- The Greatest Food Still Lifes in Art History > https://goo.gl/Dqf6XT
- Food Photography Tips > http://goo.gl/f3kbNj
- maggie Ruggiero Food Stylist > http://maggieruggiero.com/four/
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY