Create > Cubist Photo Collages
Goal: Show a subject from multiple planes and points of view in a cubist style image.
Mother (the image above), created by David Hockney, portrays the way in which a simple portrait can be manipulated to become surreal and Cubist. This images has been cleverly arranged so that the features are obviously out of alignment yet still works as a whole as our brain processes the face so that a clear and realistic understanding of what we are looking at emerges.
- Emphasize space, perspective and cubism.
- Research Picasso, Braque, the Cubist grid and Cubism
- Photograph all sides and angles of a subject. Capture multiple perspectives and angles.
- Put the images into a photo editor and assemble your own Cubist composition in the style of Hockney and Wolff.
Don’t just make a portrait of a person...make a portrait of a walk around a person.
- Hockney style photo montage > https://goo.gl/TvxffB
- Polaroid Collage > https://goo.gl/g3rspG
- Dramatic Photo Mosaics > https://goo.gl/HWkJ4H
Trigger Mechanisms: Cubism, Distortion, Collage
David Hockney Photo Collages > http://goo.gl/R8D0Dv
David Hockney Composite Polaroids > http://goo.gl/Kk4bSH
Jeremy Wolff Portraits > http://jeremywolff.com/portraits/
Jeremy Wolff Collages > http://jeremywolff.com/collages/
Cubism defined > http://goo.gl/pj2j0j
David Hockney’s Cubist Photography > http://goo.gl/BdwPKl
Watch > David Hockney > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGtraVb_0vY