Create > Photos of Stuff on Photos
Goal: Create a series of photographs of photographs with stuff on top of them.
Be inspired by the works of Arnaud Jarsaillon and Remy Poncet of Brest Brest > http://goo.gl/ZfDv5e. Retake photographs of photographs to further manipulate the image producing a new more impactful image. Add objects, liquids or any stuff to an existing photograph print and re-shoot it. Shoot the new photograph from interesting angles or using other photography techniques to manipulate the image further. In the visual examples by Brest Brest, the raw egg and tomato ketchup provide an unexpected contrast to the formal portraits, creating images with impact - commanding our attention.
Trigger Mechanisms: Add, Contrast, Distort
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Reflect > Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY