Create > Photography Quilts (Sew, Embroider or Stitch)
Goal: Create a series of images that are sewn on or stitched together.
-Option 1: Be inspired by the stitched vintage photography of Maurizio Anzeri > http://goo.gl/u4b6Q0 Maurizio sews directly into found vintage photographs. She incorporates brightly embroidered patterns and delicately stitched veils that cross the faces with sharp lines and dramatic glimmering forms. I suggest that you use your own photographs.
-Option 2: Be inspired by the works of Lisa Kokin > http://goo.gl/SpIq08 She takes found, unrelated photographs and stitches them together. Because the images are stitched together a forced relationship between them is created and a whole new narrative can be imagined.
Trigger Mechanisms: Combine, Manipulate, Link
- Maurizio Anzeri > http://goo.gl/u4b6Q0
- Lisa Kokin > http://goo.gl/SpIq08
- Matthew Cox > http://goo.gl/w6saSG
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
- Evaluate the results
Did I achieve the goal?
- Goal: Create a series of images that are sewn on or stitched together.
Should I go back and rework anything?
- How did you combine art elements (line, color, shape, texture, value) to develop art principles? (Unity/variety, balance, emphasis contrast, rhythm, proportion/scale, figure/ground relationship)
- Where are the dominant shapes, forms, colors, or textures that carry expressive significance?
- Why Is the work ordered and balanced or chaotic and disturbing?
- What gives the work its uniqueness?
- Is symbolism used in the work to convey meaning other than what one sees?
- Does the work evoke any feelings?
- Providing Recognition
Publish > Share your album to our G+Community > Concepts & Creations category
Display > Add your photos to the Event
- Providing Feedback
- Give positive feedback > +1 every image that deserves it
- Give peer feedback > Give 2 peer images a VTS critique > http://goo.gl/1WWmBY