Complete > everything highlighted in yellow.
The Big Idea:
Photography communicates in a complex language and makes us artists.
- Understand and apply > media, techniques, and processes with skill
- Use design > principles and functions
- Choose and evaluate > subject matter and ideas
- Reflect upon and assess > the characteristics and merits of both mine and other’s work
- Make connections > between my art and other aspects of life
Goal: Earn high school credit by scoring a 2, 3, or 4, on my photography portfolio.
- Setting Objectives
Understand > To achieve this goal, you must create a portfolio of 24 works of art by May 5.
You are challenged to emphasize research, experimentation, discovery, inventive thinking and art making, critical analysis and problem-solving in your work.
Each portfolio has three sections: Concentration, Breadth and Quality.
- Concentration Section > A Sustained Investigation Series describing an in-depth exploration of a particular photography and 2D design concern.
- Breadth Section > A range of approaches or a variety of works demonstrating understanding of photography and 2D design issues.
- Quality Section > 5 selected works demonstrating understanding of 2D design in concept, composition, and execution.
Access Prior Knowledge:
- Prepare for future experiences
Set Up > Google+ Profile > Google+ (use your Westosha Gmail)
Follow > Westosha Art on G+ > gplus.to/WestoshaArt
Join > Westosha Photo Community > http://goo.gl/34X4woInstall > Evernote Web Clipper > http://goo.gl/SJp74
- View > Art, Design & Culture Blogs > http://goo.gl/ufKVWI
- Setup > Twitter Profile > https://twitter.com/
- Set up > Pinterest Profile > http://www.pinterest.com/
- Setup > Deviant Art Profile > http://www.deviantart.com/#
- Deepen Understanding
Promote > Online Etiquette Use
Guides to Online Safety & Security
Generalize, Reflect & Publish:
Required Work Checklist: