- A double portrait can simultaneously signify two sides of your personality
- Analogize, Transfer, Mythologize, Fantasize, Symbolize
- Create a biographical self portrait composed of two portrait images which depict two sides of your personality.
- Let one portrait depict the ‘outside you,’ the one people see.
- Create the other portrait as another ‘you,’ a secret personality or fantasy role model.
- Make the double portrait insightful, therapeutic, humorous or surreal.
- Juxtapose your portrait with a historical personality or mythological hero.
- Make two identical portraits but transform one with shapes or colors that signify a different psychological state.
- Research details regarding your horoscope and transfer that information symbolically.
- Consider what your ‘animal spirit’ is and visually portray it alongside your face.
- Other ideas - photos of a piano or sheet music, your room, a volleyball, your camera, a lone bench in the middle of the park, a rock outcropping, a tree in a pasture, a lego...
In the Comment Section respond to at least one of the following prompts.
- - What hobbies do you have?
- - What items or objects do you collect?
- - What events in your life have had a profound effect on you?
- - To what things in your life do you feel a special connection?